12.17.2007

I decided to take a drive around Maumelle and see what kind of wildlife I could stir up. I was on the east side of town in the industrial district when I came across the Blue Heron below. The recent rains had filled up the drainage ditches and he was taking advantage of the crawdads that had moved in. He hung around long enough for me to take a few shots before voicing his disgust and taking flight.



The deer below were further east at the edge of Maumelle. I was at the end of the road with my camera stuck out the window when up drove the game warden. He was fine when he realized that I was shooting with a camera and not a gun. He told me that they have had trouble with people hunting illegally in that area. The game warden was Ross Spurlock. He was a nice guy (because I wasn't a lawbreaker) and told me some other places to try where he sees deer on a regular basis. I appreciate the wildlife officers and the job they do. I despise people that don't abide by the rules especially when hunting or fishing.