4.27.2008

Cedar Falls

Yesterday, I went back to visit one of my favorite waterfalls. It's Cedar Falls at Petit Jean State Park. This was my 3rd visit to this waterfall and each time has been at a different water level. The weather was perfect and the trail was crowded. I went late in the day so as the sun went down the crowd left and I was alone to shoot at will. This fall is 95' tall and when the water is up the roar is deafening. It is a 1 mile hike to the fall and of course 1 mile back. The last 1/2 mile coming back is a steep climb (whew) but it's well worth the effort.




I turned to look downstream from the fall and saw this awesome scene of the water reflecting color off of the tree canopy.


Another shot downstream

As I said earlier, this was my third trip to this waterfall. I thought you might want to see how it looked during my previous visits. So...here you go.

March 11, 2007 My brother was with me on this trip.

December 31, 2006 Melissa was on this New Years Eve hike with me.